Holiday Garlic Mashed Potatoes Recipe
This mashed potatoes recipe is perfect for large family gatherings. Services 25-30 hungry guests!
Face it. The mashed potatoes of a Thanksgiving or Christmas dinner are as important as the Turkey, Ham, Roast etc. that you are serving!
From years of making and hosting holiday dinners, we have finally settled on a combination that works and guarantees no left overs and satisfied family members!
This is a perfect recipe to prepare ahead, or you can make it the day of. It serves 25-30 hungry people. These mashed potatoes are a perfect pairing with your favourite gravy too!
-15 pounds of Ontario white potatoes
-1 ½ cups of sour cream
- 1 brick of cream cheese
-1/2 cup of butter
-3 cloves Ontario garlic
-2 tbsp of parsley flakes (optional)
-1 cup of grated or shredded parmesan cheese for topping
1. Wash and peel potatoes, then dice into cubes. Place potatoes in large cooking pot, add garlic cloves, and cover with cold water. Bring potatoes to a gentle boil and cook for 15-20 minutes until tender. Drain potatoes and garlic, then return to a warm pot, or mixing bowl.
2. Add sour cream, cream cheese, butter, and parsley flakes to the potatoes. Mash slightly to break the potatoes up.
3. Give your arm a break and beat potatoes with an electric mixer at medium speed until smooth and fluffy.
4. Once well mixed, spoon potatoes into large casserole dish evenly and top with parmesan cheese.*
5. Let cool for 10 min before serving.
*If your making potatoes a day ahead; let them cool, then cover and put in fridge for next day serving. Put them in the oven an hour before dinner at 350F for 45min-1hr until golden brown on top.
Let us know if you make this recipe! Tag us on instagram @hildrethfarms or #hildrethfarmmarket 📸