Do you have Thanksgiving/holiday leftovers? Instead of having left-over turkey ride around in your fridge this week, try this super easy turkey soup recipe that is so flavourful, and different than a hot turkey sandwich! This recipe is great to freeze and can last up to 6 months frozen. You can also add however much or a little of veggies you’d like!
- Leftover turkey (as much or as little as you’d like)
- 1 1/2 cup of carrots quartered
- ½ cup of celery chopped finely
- 1 cup of frozen peas
- 4 cups of chicken or vegetable stock
- 1/2 cooking onion chopped finely
- 1 cup of your favourite noodles (Eliche (spiral) noodles are our fave)
1. Put stock pot on stove top, add broth, frozen peas, carrots, onion, celery, turkey and noodles. Let simmer away until noodles and carrots are tender (about 45 minutes).
*For extra flavour, let simmer for 2-3 hours on low and add noodles during final cooking hour. You may need to add extra broth or water during this cooking time.
*This can be made in a crockpot too! Just make sure you don’t add the noodles right away or they will become soggy.
Let us know if you make this recipe! Tag us on instagram @hildrethfarms or #hildrethfarmmarket 📸